Friday, October 31, 2008

Sophie's Halloween Tutu & "Scott"

Sophie's Halloween Tutu 1
This adorable Halloween ballet tutu ensemble was a gift from our dear friend Teri (aka Auntie Teri). The tutu and headpiece say "Boo!" and are adorned with cute little ghosts! Sophie loved showing off at ballet class during the week of Halloween, and she loves you, Teri!!! (Teri loves and completely spoils our kids! She will be their Godmother at their upcoming triple baptism!)

 Sophie's Halloween Tutu 2
I'll have to post separately about the shoes... ;)

DSC_2829 copyCB
Again, here is Sophie Lu in her daytime costume she chose for her school parade. She and best friend Megan were both ballerinas (Sophie was the kitty variety)! The deal is, she got to choose one costume (this one), and I got to choose one (the "Peacock Princess" below). Of course, she loved that costume too!

Okay, now for the story of "Scott"... lol. I WISH I had photos, but since I only saw the scene once (since Michael is mostly still doing school drops/pickups), I'll just have to describe it...

So, all the students in Sophie's class were asked to bring a small/medium sized pumpkin to school to decorate the week before Halloween. When I took Sophie to ballet, I had a chance to see hers and her classmates' decorated pumpkins on display. I saw the beautifully decorated pumpkins of her classmates: a cute kitty, a scary bat, a ghost, and even a witch- all elaborately decorated with black felt, paper, pipecleaners, etc. When I asked Sophie Lu where her pumpkin was (fully expecting a black kitty pumpkin), she directed me over to the end of the display and pointed to her pumpkin which had been painted bright purple and sprinkled with silver glitter. It was so different than the others (not sure why I was surprised).... anyhow, Sophie proudly pointed to her pumpkin and said, "Mom, this is Scott!!!" I asked her why she named him "Scott", to which she answered, "Because that's his name, Mama!"

She really cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment