Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dear Sasha (8 months old)

Hello, Sunshine!

Dear Sasha Lili,

You are 8 months old already, and just look at how beautiful you are. Your smile just melts my heart, and you are such a happy baby girl... you are my little sunshine!

You are so sweet and loving, and you are so very lovable. I must kiss you a million times a day- you have the sweetest cheeks and the softest hair- I just can't help myself. And your Daddy, well he's just smitten with you. He can't walk past you without picking you up (even when he's really busy). When you see him, you get so bashful... you tuck your head into my chest, and you smile from ear to ear- and then he takes you from me and you pull his hair with both hands! And Daddy lets you because it makes you so happy! Of course Mommy and Daddy love you to pieces, but your siblings adore you too. Even for their young ages, Sophie and Oliver are so enamored and protective of you. They want nothing more than to make you laugh and to shower you with kisses. It's sweet to see them treating you so gently and loving you with such tenderness. You love watching them play, and I know you just can't wait to be running around with them. Ollie especially likes to run around and act goofy to make you laugh. And you should see how your face lights up when Sophie Lu walks in from school- it's so very sweet!

You are such an easy baby- you love everything... well almost everything. You don't like three things: bathing, driving, or eating. I've been trying to feed you solids for almost 2 months now: applesauce, bananas, rice cereal, sweet potatoes, and avocado... but you always only want to nurse. But the other day, I handed you a teething cookie and you loved it! I should have known- you are my daughter after all (and I love cookies)! You still cry in the car, so I never go anywhere more than 5 minutes away. My heart can't stand to hear you cry, so it's just not worth it to me. I think it will be better when you can ride in a forward facing seat though. You also don't like taking baths! I suspect that will also change when the weather is warmer. I hope you learn to like water soon, because I have such cute little bathing suits for you this summer!

You love to sing and dance around with Mommy (and I love it too). You especially love it when I sing to you... your favorite songs are "Did You Ever See a Lassie", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and, of course, the "I Love Sasha" song! You love to play with toys... (and you love to chew on them as well)... You also love to pat your hands together. It's hard to describe how you do it, but it is the CUTEST thing in the world- I'll try to get it on video. :)

You are a big girl now- almost 20 pounds! That's how much Sophie Lu weighed at 13 months, and we thought she was huge then! Your eyes are still deep like the ocean... sometimes they still look blue, but it's hard to tell because they are so dark (and very beautiful). You have the most gorgeous lashes and eyebrows too. Your hair is medium golden blonde and just starting to get long enough to poke out over your ears. Pretty soon I'll be able to put little bows in your hair, but I bet you'll pull them right out because that's what you've just learned to do with your headbands and hats!

You're sitting up so confidently now and you even get on all fours like you'll be crawling any minute. And you have your first two bottom teeth coming in! You have the sweetest little voice- I love to hear you chatting away "Da da da" and "Da dee da"... just as happy as you can be! You are just such a big girl- I just can't believe how quickly these 8 months have passed!

I want to freeze time, because you are so very very perfect, but I know I can't. We'll go to sleep tonight- you right next to me, and you'll wake me in the morning by patting me with your sweet little hand... When I open my eyes, I'll see you smiling at me, and I'll be thankful for yet another day with you. My little miracle, my kitten, my tiny princess...

I love you so~

Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment