Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Introducing...

DSC_0816 copyB

We are so happy to finally announce the birth of our precious baby girl...

Sasha Lili Lushan

born September 6, 2008 at 6:16pm by way of emergency C-Section. Our tiny princess weighed in at 8 lbs 4.4 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long! She has dark blue eyes and a beautiful head full of light brown hair. She loves to nurse and to stay close to Mommy and Daddy! We love her so much!!!

Some photos from the big day...

DSC_0039TCAbw
"Mommy, where are you?" One of the reasons I was so sad about the C-Section was that I would miss out on the instant contact and one-on-one time with my baby girl. I think she missed me too, but Daddy did a wonderful job looking after her...

DSC_0040 copyTCAbw2
I could barely see her as the doctors worked on both of us, but I think this is the moment that I first heard her cry...

DSC_0050TCAbw
And then Daddy showed me my beautiful daughter. I was and still am in so much awe of her!

DSC_0057TCAbw
She held on to Daddy's finger so tightly. As they worked on me, I just focused on this scene. Daddy was so emotional, and he kept having to remind me that this was really happening.


DSC_0046TCAbw
8 lbs 4.4 ounces!!!

DSC_0078color
Finally, I got the chance to hold my daughter

DSC_0080color
We were both so proud!

DSC_0081color
And SO in love...

DSC_0096color
She had a quick bath and then came back to Mommy to nurse for the very 1st time! We both did great! It really is such a miracle...

DSC_0097color
The face of my kitten... our precious angel. And she's all ours!

DSC_0141 copy hybrid
Welcome to the world, sweet Sasha Lili! You are so very very loved~

*Sasha was named in honor of her big sister Sophie Lu Yushan. Lili Lushan means "Beautiful gift of prosperity and virtue."

No comments:

Post a Comment