Monday, August 24, 2009

Before & After Examples

.
.

Vintage Hydrangea
..............................................{After}

DSC_6178BEFORE

Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: 85mm
Mode: Manual
Exposure: 1/2000
Aperture: f/2.0
Focal length: 85mm
ISO: 320

Post Processed in Photoshop CS4: After cropping the photo, I duplicated the background layer and used the clone stamp tool even out the background. Then I used my Florabella Textures: "Bombay" at 29% (overlay blending mode),"Ginger" at 11% (linear burn), "Ginger" again but at 21% (screen), and "Milk & Honey" 15% (screen). On the Bombay layer, I used a layer mask at opacity 35% to lightly erase the textures from the focal point areas. Basically, just cropping & textures! :)
.

DSC_6416MHnormal35PatinaLL22WLinen24screen
.................................................{After}


DSC_6416original
.................................................{Before}


Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: 85mm
Mode: Manual
Exposure: 1/1600
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal length: 85mm
ISO: 320

Post Processed in Photoshop CS4: First I duplicated the background layer and used the clone stamp tool to fill in missing parts of the background. Then I duplicated the layer again and desaturated a bit to make the colors less bright. I duplicated the layer yet again and changed the blending mode to "screen" and changed the opacity to 60%. Then I used my Florabella Textures: "Patina" at 18% (linear light blending mode), "White Linen" at 16% (screen), and "Milk & Honey" 35% (normal). On the Patina and White Linen layers, I used a layer mask at opacity 35% to lightly erase the textures from the focal point areas. Voila! :)

13 comments:

  1. wow Shana...so nice to see these examples of how you create your lovely works of art..thanks for sharing....and I love to see your SOOC shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love seeing the before and after photos. it's an amazing transformation. thank you for the step by step tips, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting before n after images...its wonderful to be able to see the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I recently purchased your first set and have been practicing like crazy. Your work is awesome and I can only wish to come close! I have a few o my favorites like the linen texture that I just can't get away from. Your examples help me experiment with others! Would love your thoughts on my work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not for sure how I came across our blog/website. Your work is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are doing this, I hope you have other artists submit as well, it's great to see the kind of tones/colors that may work, thank you Shana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool to see the "without any make-up" shots! Amazing and inspiring to view what you see and how you re-make. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Shana :) I'm not sure if this is where to ask but I'll go ahead here. I understand the concept of duplicating layers but I am curious... do you always duplicate the original layer? or do you duplicate the copy layer? I don't always have the best luck when I duplicate so I know I must be doing something wrong.


    Again, thanks for sharing your fabulous processing with us!

    xo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you thank you for sharing these "recipes"! This helps a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to comment (visiting from I Heart Faces). Your work is amazing. I love the before and afters!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, dreamy, I want some for my walls! Love that the recipes are below the photos, really helpful!

    ReplyDelete